Invention Ambassadors should be “catalytic” mid-career inventors who have and demonstrate:
(1) A high regard for the role of invention
(2) An invention track record
(3) An accomplished professional career
(4) A commitment to invention’s role in impacting environmental sustainability
(5) Experience or interest in communicating with audiences through speaking engagements or written material.
Applicants may have inventions in any field; however scientific inventions are preferred. There are no educational or patent requirements for applicants.
Ambassadorships are 12 months long. Each Ambassador would be involved in:
Applications and Nominations are due by 11:59 PM EST on March 31, 2017.
The application process will be in two phases.
1) All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee.
2) If your application is chosen for the final round, please be available for an interview (remotely) during the week of May 18-19, 2017.
Selected applicants will be announced by June 1, 2017.
Complete your application here: inventionambassadors.aaas.org.
*All are welcome to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, age, abilities, gender, sexual orientation, and religion.
Join us to learn more about the Ambassadors Program.Events