The AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors will partner with the IBM Academy of Technology and the Global Technology Community to provide a human face to some of the inventions that have contributed to “Invention and Innovation for Global Good”. The discussion highlights human ingenuity and its application to solving humanity’s most challenging problems. From improving technical ecosystems, through saving lives, to providing entertainment and social cohesion, inventors are continually exploring ways to move society forward. This session brings together inventors from inside and outside of IBM, to underscore the innovative ways in which inventors are making life better for all of us. Please join us for this virtual session.
The virtual session will be held Wednesday, December 14, from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST. RSVP here.
Featured speakers include:
- Rick Hamilton, Client Innovation Leader, Watson IoT, IBM
- John Warner, President, Chief Technology Officer, and Board of Directors, Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry
- Anthony Mulligan, Founder and CEO, Hydronalix
- Aaron Baughman, Principal Data Scientist, Sports and Entertainment, IBM
- Bertrand Cambou, Professor of Practice, Northern Arizona University
- Ayanna Howard, Linda J. and Mark C. Smith Chair in Bioengineering, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology and Chief Technology Officer, Zyrobotics
- Yolanda Comedy, Director, AAAS Center for Advancing Science and Engineering Capacity